Family and Caregiver Training Services Program
Under Indiana’s Family Supports Waiver and Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver, up to $2,000 per year can be used for Family and Caregiver Training Services.
Examples of how training funds can be used by parents, guardians, family members or non-paid caregivers include:
- Developing an Individual Support Plan
- Use of Equipment
- Behavioral Intervention Strategies
- Therapeutic Techniques
- Caring for Medically Fragile Individuals
- Family Dynamics
- Stress Management
The Arc’s Family and Caregiver Training Services Program can assist by paying for the upfront cost of training, rather than families having to pay out of pocket and wait for reimbursement from the state.
Here are the steps to take:
- Work with your waiver case manager to allocate the dollar amount in your waiver budget that you would like to use for Family and Caregiver Training Services.
- Select The Arc of Indiana as your provider for Family and Caregiver Training Services.
- Contact The Arc of Indiana at least a month in advance of the training you would like to attend to learn if it is eligible for Family and Caregiver Training Services.
- If the requested training is eligible, and approved by the state, The Arc will pay the upfront cost, saving you the out-of-pocket expense.
For complete details, please contact Amanda Circle, 317-977-2375 or 800-382-9100.