The Arc of Indiana’s Utility Support Program can assist families with utility costs, including payment for utility bills, funding to reactivate or prevent disconnection of services, deposit assistance to begin services, and funding to cover back utility debt.
Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements
- Family with a dependent child under the age of 18
- One or more residents in household must have a disability
- Thirty days income verification
- Family income at or below 250% of federal poverty level
- 2 person household – $40,050
- 3 person household – $50,400
- 4 person household – $60,750
- 5 person household – $71,100
- 6 person household – $81,450
Target Families to Receive Services
- Families served and/or eligible for First Steps Services
- Families receiving or on a waiting list for Medicaid Waiver Service
- Families receiving or eligible for Indiana’s Children’s Special Health Care Services program
Eligible Utility Support Services
- Funding to prevent disconnection of services
- Funding to reactivate services
- Funding to cover utility debt back to one year from date of application
- Deposit assistance to begin services
- Up to two months heating or cooling utility bill assistance
Referral and Application Process
Families who believe they may be eligible for assistance should contact The Arc’s Utility Support Program Coordinator, Gina DeWilde.
The First Steps System Point of Entry (SPOE) and service providers may refer families by providing The Arc with pages 1-3 of the family’s First Steps Enrollment Form, or by submitting information which includes a listing of household members, family’s monthly income, and indication of need for utility assistance.
Utility Support Program Application
Eligibility Determination Process
Applicants and families who have been referred will be contacted by The Arc’s Utility Support Program Coordinator to complete the eligibility review process and develop a plan regarding what services will be provided. All payments will be provided directly to the utility company.
For questions or additional information regarding the Utility Support Program, please contact:
Utility Support Program Coordinator
Utility Support Program Informational Flyer
A View into The Arc’s Utility Support Program Podcast
Revised February 1, 2016