The Arc of Indiana is a state-wide, not-for-profit association that advocates for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
The purpose of a job description is to give a framework to the general nature of the position. The Arc of Indiana is successful because of the teamwork of all employees working together to build a solid organization to advocate for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families. The job description should never be viewed as an exhaustive list of any one person’s responsibilities as we work together to get the job done.
This position reports to The Arc of Indiana’s Senior Director of Engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Advocacy Manager provides support to all advocacy efforts of The Arc of Indiana through The Arc Advocacy Network. Additionally, this position will be responsible for some significant parts of contracts and grants.
- Work as a significant member of our advocacy team to perform deliverables under grants and contracts that further the mission of The Arc of Indiana.
- Assist with projects related to building a leadership network and peer-to-peer network for self-advocates
- Produce information and reports in various applications (Microsoft products, Salesforce, Excel), including but not limited to data reports, correspondence, written memos, etc
- Assist as needed with preparing materials for presentations and exhibits
- Assist with answering front desk calls (part of team rotation)
- Complete other special projects and duties as needed or assigned
- Strong multi-tasking, detail-oriented, problem solving and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills, Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated desire to learn new skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information
Please apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to Kim Dodson, CEO, The Arc of Indiana