The Arc of Indiana is a state-wide, not-for-profit association that advocates for people with developmental disabilities and their families. We are seeking a senior director of engagement to join The Arc Advocacy Network team.
A job description gives a framework to the general nature of the position. The Arc of Indiana is successful because of the teamwork of all employees working together to build a solid organization to advocate for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families. The job description should never be viewed as an exhaustive list of any one person’s responsibilities as we work together to get the job done.
The Arc of Indiana is seeking a highly motivated and organized team member to perform a variety of responsibilities to assist The Arc of Indiana in advocacy efforts for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. This position reports to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in coordination with CEO and COO on growing relationships for The Arc of Indiana to further our mission, grow programs and grow the impact of our organization.
- Provide accountability and work collaboratively with the advocacy team for all contract and grant deliverables.
- Provide management and oversight for the director of family advocacy, advocacy managers and other advocacy staff.
- Look for opportunities through grants and contracts to help grow The Arc’s mission and impact on people with IDD and their families.
- Collaborate with the chief financial officer to ensure payables for grants and contracts are met.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure that advocacy efforts remain consistent with needs of stakeholders, in coordination with COO and CEO.
- Represent The Arc of Indiana at stakeholder meetings as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and project guidelines
- Ability to monitor state and national initiatives, explain these initiatives in plain language, and assist The Arc and self-advocates in responding as needed
- Ability to build a team environment
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kim Dodson, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.