Liberty Healthcare is accepting applications to hire two part-time Peer Specialists. In this job you will travel regionally in Indiana and be responsible for:
- Meeting with other individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families
- Meeting with health and human service providers and championing person-centered principles
- Working with teams to help overcome challenges
- Supporting other individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities so they may advocate for themselves
- Working side by side with other Liberty Healthcare team members
In this part-time position you will work approximately 20 hours weekly.
You can expect competitive pay and you will be reimbursed for approved travel expenses.
You are a good fit for this position if you have lived experience of an individual with developmental disabilities – and also have the following:
- Experience advocating for yourself and other people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Good communication skills and the ability to form relationships with others
- Flexibility in your weekday daytime schedule
- Willingness to travel throughout the region during daytime hours
This position requires regional travel, so you should have your own transportation resources.*
If you are passionate about supporting people who have developmental disabilities, click here, search for Liberty Healthcare jobs in Indiana, and scroll down to find links to apply for the Peer Specialist position.
If you know someone who might be a good fit for this position and you’d like to nominate them, email Anna Quici at Anna.Quici@libertyhealth.com
*The Arc of Indiana’s understanding is that a team of people will be involved in this project; therefore, it might be possible to coordinate travel with other team members.