The Indiana Department of Health has announced that individuals with disabilities ages 16 – 49 who receive home-and community-based waiver services are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. This includes individuals on the Family Support, Community Integration & Habilitation, and Aged & Disabled Waivers.
Click here for Information on existing eligibility categories, including people with Down Syndrome and other medical conditions and people age 50+.
Before an individual can make an appointment, their case/care manager will submit their information to the Indiana Department of Health. The individual, or their designated support person, will then receive a text message and/or email in the near future with a link unique to them that can only be used to sign up for a vaccine appointment. Specifically, the process includes the following steps:
- Eligible individuals will be contacted by their case/care manager to confirm their interest in receiving vaccine and to gather information needed to provide the individual with access to scheduling their vaccine appointment; the information will be shared with the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services or Division of Aging as it is gathered.
- Daily, DDRS/DA will compile the information received and upload it to IDOH.
- Based on that upload, the system will generate and send the individual, or their designated support person, a unique link that they can use to schedule their appointment at a time and location convenient to their schedule.
Case managers and care managers have already begun their outreach activities with over 4,000 individuals contacted to date. For eligible individuals and their families, if you have not yet heard from your case/care manager, please know they will be in touch very soon.
Questions, can be directed to DDRS, the Division of Aging, and of course The Arc of Indiana.
- Questions for individuals served by DDRS, please send questions to: BQIS.Help@fssa.IN.gov
- Questions for individuals served by the Division of Aging, please send questions to: Fssa.Dawaiverunit@fssa.in.gov
- Contact The Arc of Indiana at 317-977-2375 or 800-382-9100 and ask to speak with a family advocate regarding questions about the COVID-19Vaccine.