The Arc of Indiana was established in 1956 by parents of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) who joined together to build a better and more accepting world for their children. With over 27,000 members and 43 chapters in Indiana, The Arc is on the front lines to:
- Empower families with information and resources to assist them in their journey of raising a child with a disability to lead a full and meaningful life.
- Empower people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities to be self-sufficient and independent to the greatest extent possible.
- Inspire positive change in public policy and public attitudes.
- Prevent disabilities through education about the dangers of drugs and alcohol while pregnant and advocating for all women to have quality prenatal care.
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for families and their loved ones.
The Arc of Indiana is seeking a Development Manager to join a collaborative team working to raise important funds to expand The Arc’s advocacy efforts.
The Development Manager must be comfortable securing sponsorships, highly organized, able to juggle multiple projects and thrive in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to plan, coordinate and execute fundraising events to meet or exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Create and manage budgets for special event income and expenses.
- Identify, acquire and steward corporate sponsorships for special events and program areas.
- Create and manage plans for ticket sales to ensure plan ensuring attendance goals are met at fundraising events.
- Design and upload all special event forms for the web and social media.
- Coordinate and manage volunteers during fundraising event activities.
- Work with the Director of Organizational Advancement to ensure fundraising efforts for The Arc of Indiana and The Arc of Indiana Foundation are coordinated and effective.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Reconcile monthly fundraising reports with the Finance Department.
- Utilize Donor Perfect to maintain records, including gift information, sponsorships, ticket sales, all letters, volunteers and other information.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Advancement to create promotional plans for each event including social media, email marketing, advertising and other promotions.
- Assist with graphic design projects including invitations, event mailings, infographics and marketing efforts.
Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and three (3) or more years of fundraising event experience with demonstrated success in securing sponsorships.
In addition, a candidate must possess the following skills. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational capabilities
- Creative and strategic thinking capabilities
- Ability to quickly problem solve
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of event permits, regulations, catering and alcohol laws and regulations
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both on a team and autonomously on multiple projects
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed
Please send resume and cover letter to Jill Vaught, Director of Organizational Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.