The Arc of Indiana is seeking a Family Advocate to join The Arc Advocacy Network team.
The Arc of Indiana is a state-wide, not-for-profit association that advocates for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families. The purpose of a job description is to give a framework to the general nature of the position. The Arc of Indiana is successful because of the teamwork of all employees working together to build a solid organization to advocate for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families. The job description should never be viewed as an exhaustive list of any one person’s responsibilities as we work together to get the job done.
Essential Job Qualifications
- Understanding of issues related to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make complicated issues easily accessible for families and individuals with I/DD
- Ability to communicate with individuals by phone, email and in person
- Ability to present to large and small groups
- Strong computer skills, experience with Salesforce helpful
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to prioritize phone calls, emails and tasks
- Provide information on government programs and services
- Help families access and navigate programs and services
- Connect families with community resources
- Guide families in use of the LifeCourse Framework
- Troubleshoot emerging issues
- Answer questions on a range of disability related issues
- Manage high call and email volume
- Document contacts and interactions
- Act as an informational resource for self-advocates, families, educators, medical professionals, service providers and community members
- Represent The Arc of Indiana at exhibits and presentations
- Promote programs, services and the philosophy of The Arc of Indiana
This is a 20 hour per week contract position, working mostly from home, and reporting to the Family Advocacy Programs Manager.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Karly Sciortino-Poulter, email@example.com by June 21, 2019.