The Arc Advocacy Network
We’re Here to Help! Call us and ask to speak with a family advocate.
Click here to register for our “Ask The Arc” webinar series –
taking place the 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m. EST.
The Arc Advocacy Network’s team of family advocates provide information, referral and advocacy to assist and guide individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families with a wide range of issues, including:
- Applying for and navigating government programs including:
- Medicaid Waivers
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Vocational Rehabilitation, including learning about and accessing community employment and career pathways
- Community Living Options
- Developing relationships within the community and using resources and supports that may already exist
- Using the LifeCourse Framework to help families and people with disabilities identify their vision of a good life and identify strengths, resources, and supports to achieve that vision
- Learning about guardianship and alternatives to guardianship, including supported decision-making
- Assisting families in navigating their healthcare coverage, increasing knowledge of basic healthcare coverage issues, and finding resources to cover additional healthcare costs
- Providing information and resources available for individuals interested in transitioning from nursing facilities and group homes to a home in the community
- Becoming a Self-Advocate and connecting to Self-Advocates of Indiana
The Arc Advocacy Network is available for presentations and to exhibit at local events.
Karly Sciortino-Poulter – The Arc Advocacy Network Director