Medicaid Waivers / Home and Community Based Services
Medicaid Waivers, sometimes called Home and Community Based Services, allow Medicaid to fund supports and services for children and adults with disabilities in their family homes or community residential programs instead of institutions. Medicaid Waivers allow an individual to use traditional Medicaid services and the additional services available through the Medicaid Waiver program.
An application for Medicaid Waiver services can be made online at BDDS Gateway.
- State & Federal Programs
- Natural Supports & Community Connections
- Introduction to Indiana’s Medicaid Waiver Program for Home and Community Based Services
- Charting the LifeCourse
- Guide to Transitioning to a Home with Medicaid Waiver Supports in Your Community
- Moving from a Nursing Facility to a Home in Your Community – Video
- Family and Consumer Guide to Objective Based Allocations
Note: Indiana is in the process of redesigning the Medicaid Waiver program. Medicaid Waiver Redesign
Waiver Renewal Fact Sheet – Information for Families