Who We Are
Our Mission: The Arc of Indiana is committed to all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities realizing their goals of living, learning, working and fully participating in the community.
We are home to The Arc Master Trust, Indiana’s leading special needs trust, serving Hoosiers of all disabilities since 1988, and affiliated with The Arc of the United States.
The Arc of Indiana Foundation works to create employment opportunities for people with disabilities, including opportunities through Erskine Green Training Institute.
We are The Arc!
The Arc of Indiana was established in 1956 by parents of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) who joined together to build a better and more accepting world for their children.
With over 30,000 members and 46 chapters covering 68 counties in Indiana, and 140,000 members in over 700 chapters nationwide, The Arc is on the front lines to:
- Empower families with information and resources to assist them in their journey of raising a child with a disability to lead a full and meaningful life.
- Empower people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities to be self sufficient and independent to the greatest extent possible.
- Inspire positive change in public policy and public attitudes.
- Prevent disabilities through education about the dangers of drugs and alcohol while pregnant and advocating for all women to have quality prenatal care.
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for families and their loved ones.
The combined strength of The Arc at the local, state and national level makes The Arc the largest national community-based organization advocating for and serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
We invite you to:
Become a Member
Find a Local Chapter
Join us on Facebook
Join us on Instagram
Follow us on Twitter
Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter
Sign up for public policy updates & calls to action
Check out our events calendar