Impact Awards Celebration
November 30 @ 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
Call for Nominations
- Family Advocate Award
- Champion Award
- Outstanding Professional Award
- Outstanding DSP Award
- Darcus Nims Self-Advocate of the Year
Please submit your nominations by 5:00 p.m., September 30, 2022.
Please submit only one nomination per award category.
To submit nominations in multiple categories you will need to submit each nomination separately.
Supporting documents can be emailed to Sally Morris, email@example.com with the subject line: 2022 Impact Awards.
If you have questions, please email Sally or call her at 317-977-2375.
- Family Advocate Award – Recognizes a family member who is a strong advocate for their loved one with an intellectual or developmental disability, as well as people with IDD in their community.
- Champion Award – Recognizes an individual, organization, or business who is making a positive impact in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through advocacy, programs, services, or initiatives.
- Outstanding Professional Award – Recognizes an administrative or executive level professional for their outstanding contribution and impact on the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Outstanding DSP Award – Recognizes a direct support professional for their outstanding effort and contribution toward the people they serve. Primary consideration will be given to an individual who has served as a DSP over a period of five years or more. This award includes a monetary gift of $250 to the recipient.
- Darcus Nims Self-Advocate of the Year – Named in memory of the founder of Self-Advocates of Indiana, the Darcus Nims Self-Advocate of the Year Award recognizes an individual with an intellectual or developmental disability for their outstanding contribution to their community. The nominee must have experience as a self-advocate leader – a leader being one who has advocated for themselves, as well as being a voice for people with disabilities. Consideration will be given to the nominee’s impact on their community, work place, agency, school and/or fellow self-advocates. This award includes a monetary gift of $500 to the recipient.